2016年3月12日

Good Morning America: Knight of Cups



Christian Bale has appeared in a variety of films throughout his decades-long career, and in his latest, “Knight of Cups,” he plays a screenwriter who has a series of extra-marital affairs. The film has been described as an experimental drama, and Bale believes viewers will be drawn in.

Director Terrence Malick encouraged his cast to come up with their own dialogue.

“This one evolved to the point where he thought ‘let’s just not even bother having a script,’” Bale said in an interview with ABC News’ Nick Watt, adding: “I was always the one kept most in the dark in the middle of it.”

That approach could affect how the audience views the film, Bale said.

“I think it will be very different to each and every person ... In that sense it’s more interactive. Instead of being told what you’re meant to think,” he said.

Christian Bale Says He's 'Looking Forward' to 'Batman v Superman'

Bale has won acclaim for his roles in a range of films -– from big-budget blockbusters to smaller independent projects -- and one of his most memorable acting turns was as Bruce Wayne/Batman in the blockbuster “Dark Knight” trilogy. Actor Ben Affleck is taking on the role in the new reboot, “Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice.”

Watt has seen the film; Bale hasn’t, and he was curious.

“How is it?” Bale asked.

“Very different from your Batman,” Watt replied.

“It needs to be ... I’ve been watching the trailers with my little boy,” Bale said, adding: “He’s excited. I am, too!”

The 42-year-old British actor got into the acting business as a boy. Among his first roles was an acclaimed turn in Steven Spielberg’s “Empire of the Sun" in 1987.

“I loved the experience of doing it. Even though I was only 12 and I was off in all these countries, which I sort of loved ... The reason I love being an actor is because I’m not playing myself,” he said.

Bale said he wasn’t good at anything else.

“It’s the only thing I know how to do as well ... I left school really early and I never listened anyway,” he said.

沒有留言: